The c# Web Browser app progress and error message

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Hi
I'm just completing the c# Web Brower app project for this group.

For anyone not sure where to start, take a look at this. I've just followed this tutorial. Its amazing how simple it is to write your own browser :-
A YouTube c# Web browser tutorial

I've just followed it - the tutorial is great!!!

Interestingly, when I entered I this URL into my app :-
http://csharpbegin.codeplex.com/
, it crashes with error:-
An error has occurred in the script on this page - Expected identifier - Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes / No.

Other URLs seem fine but this one throw the error, If I click Yes then it carries on working fine.

Anyone know why I would see this error please?

Cheers
Matt
Editor
Feb 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I'm not sure why it would throw an error as it is a bit out of my scope but when handling it everything
I've looked up points to implementing the IOleCommandTarget interface. Hopefully this is on the same track
as your problem. HERE

Although you could just suppress it and I guess that you make it like it never happened? Right? :)

Casey
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Hi Casey
So far, the c# Web Browser has been downloaded 17 times - do you or anyone else also encounter this kind of error message?
I've not IE9 installed if this makes any difference. Apparently the c# WebBrowser object uses the IE Engine.
Cheers for now
Matt
p.s. I followed this YouTube tutorial, c# Web Browser tutorial, on how to do a c# web browser. I would recommend that everyone follow this tutorial and then try again without watching the tutorial for maximum benefit.