Upload your C# Web Browser project if you can - TIPS

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Hi

I've just uploaded my version of a c# Web Browser. I uploaded it using TortoiseSVN. It took me a bit to get the hang of it. Would anyone else like to upload their project or any project if you just want the practice with SVN for now?

The key is to download Tortoise SVN first, then click the Source tab within this Project and click the Connect tab to obtain the url and password needed to upload a project. Please follow the link given to download TortioseSVN :
http://codeplex.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Using%20TortoiseSVN%20with%20CodePlex

To upload your project, right click on the project folder and choose SVN Checkout..... then right click on the folder and choose SVN Commit...
It took me a while to realise that I had to click on SVN Commit.
If you later update your project then you can presumably right click on your project folder and choose SVN Update.

As soon as the SVN Commit has uploaded, click the Source tab to check if your c# Project has uploaded ok. And then we're away!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has any trouble please message me or add to this discussion. I suppose its like anything, the more you do something, the easier it becomes. There are also some good YouTube videos on how to basically use SVN which is how I learn't.

Cheers for now
Matthew
Editor
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Hey Matt
I was looking at your source code for the Web Browser and everything but the re-sizing is exactly what I did except for some font changes it's essentially the same thing. I could not get the re-sizing to work at all though. I just wasn't as familiar with the Form and Web Browser libraries as I should be.

Casey
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Hi Casey
I should have explained how I worked this out. I essentially got the idea after watching this tutorial on how to do it :-
Youtube c# Web Browser tutorial
at 08:50 seconds onwards.

Its my fault - I should have added comments around this section of code or reference this YouTube link at least.

When I have more time, I'll add more comments to my code and update the project.

Meanwhile if you need to see the resizing working, then alter the Form Size property to
907,566 which means a Width of 907 and a width of 566.

Then alter the Webbrowser object property to Size 895,469.

So the reason this did not work for you is that you will have chosen a different form and webBrowser window size compared to me. So the distance between the edge of the WebBrowser window object and the edge of the form would be originally different.

Hope that helps.
Kind Regards
Matt

P.s Even I had to draw a diagram on paper to understand the YouTube Tutorial better. The man in the Tutorial uses different sizes compared to me. I'll explain more again tomorrow - hope that helps for now.
Editor
Feb 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Hello Matt,

I am almost complete with the Web Browser Project.
The download of the source code is OK. But how can I show my solution for the others?
In addition, I think this C# beginner group will be functioned very well.

Regards: Jozsef
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Hi Joz I've added a YouTube link which explains how to use Team Explorer for 2012 to upload new projects and submit updates - check this project's Homepage You might be able to download team viewer for 2010. You might also be able to try using TortoiseSVN also but I had trouble with using that. Please give it a try and let know how you get on. Bye for now Matt Sent from my iPhone On 23 Feb 2013, at 10:00, "JozsefG" <<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: From: JozsefG Hello Matt, I am almost complete with the Web Browser Project. The download of the source code is OK. But how can I show my solution for the others? In addition, I think this C# beginner group will be functioned very well. Regards: Jozsef
Editor
Feb 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Hi Matt!

I made a trial with the Tortoise because of I have only Visual C# 2010 Express on my machine. (Although I downloaded the Team Explorer for VS)
I could download the ATM project via Tortoise. I make a comment line in the Welcomescreen file. And somewhere I could upload it. It is good sign for the future.

But I tried the upload my WebBrowser.

But it does not matter. I did my simple web browser. I hope I can upload my ATM project later when I finished.
Moreover how it is work generally? Every of us upload a solution? And we can see every sln file?
E.g:

Matty.sln
JozsefG.sln
Pete.sln

Or we are working on a common file?
I will try it tomorrow again.

BR:Jozsef
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Hi Joz
When I started this beginners group about a week ago, I didn't know what I was doing really. Now I have a bit better idea but as a group, I think that we are still feeling our way.
If you can, upload your solution as a separate solution/folder if you can together with your name against it.

Good luck - also can anyone recommend the best Live chat app - this might be a better idea than emailing sometimes :) I've heard that GoogleChat is good. I'm 999csharp@gmail.com

Cheers
Matt

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Feb 2013, at 16:03, "JozsefG" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Matt!

I made a trial with the Tortoise because of I have only Visual C# 2010 Express on my machine. (Although I downloaded the Team Explorer for VS)
I could download the ATM project via Tortoise. I make a comment line in the Welcomescreen file. And somewhere I could upload it. It is good sign for the future.

But I tried the upload my WebBrowser.

But it does not matter. I did my simple web browser. I hope I can upload my ATM project later when I finished.
Moreover how it is work generally? Every of us upload a solution? And we can see every sln file?
E.g:

Matty.sln
JozsefG.sln
Pete.sln

Or we are working on a common file?
I will try it tomorrow again.

BR:Jozsef
Feb 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Sorry guys been a little sick lately and got hung up in kernel development so i couldn't visit the project and upload my Browser Assignment .... But Here is a link to my webbrowser which i have crated so that new developers could learn how to think creative and create custom windows forms as well as use simple math to control the behaviours of you Windows Forms .... Go Through The Code and Use this browser and Ask any questions and get motivated to think creative ...this is a template actually for VS 2012... everyone must go through this for once.... The Custom Windows Forms Tab Browser Template