Great or terrible idea...you decide.

Editor
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Hey everyone

So I have an idea for our current web browser project. As Matt showed me the re-size code
to make the window re-size, I implemented it and it worked perfectly. But as one problem was
solved, another arose. I wonder if it is possible to figure out how to make the buttons(i.e. refresh,
home, back, forward) also move and keep spacing with the other buttons as your re-size the full
window. Or make the text box wider so you wouldn't have to worry about button placement. Also
on making the window small, the buttons are still visible, just smaller in size. I will be researching
this as well and if I find a solution I will post it very quickly. Thanks everyone for helping me figure this out.

Casey
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
For my project, I'm using a tablelayout for the buttons and textbox. I started from scratch, instead of using a tutorial. The webbrowser is just docked full, and the tablelayout has a single row and is docked at the top. This way, the textbox can be docked full inside of a column, which makes it stretch.
Editor
Feb 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM
ahouse,

Ah! The more you know. Thanks for telling me about the tablelayout. I didn't know it even existed. I'm toying around with it now. Thanks again.

Casey
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I'm always here to help.
  • Alex