Contribution ATM Machine

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Hi guys,

I have checked in a project that aims at the ATM Machine that was already uploaded by JosefG. Just to give another approach to solve it.

I could not put a lot of time in it, but it should give an idea. I would not recommend copying the style in which i created it, this is called Cowboy programming in the field which basicly means that you just start writing without specs. You can do this, but it takes a LOT of refactoring afterwards but it was fun to do anyway.

It shows a bit of inhertance and the singleton pattern. But it's nowhere near perfect as it is too much depending on the console as the front-end for now, also the screens should not manage the switching themselfs but some kind of controller above it. (MVC Pattern?)

The way to go with this one would probably a big part of configuration and templates for the screens maybe? no hard refferences to the other screens etc. so multiple frontends can be attached like WPF or Web.

Hope it is of use to someone. :)

Regards,
Michael
Editor
Feb 26, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Nice work! I must say I love your implementation here.

While yes, there is a little bit of re factoring left to do, but this is a great example for those starting out and wanting to see what closer-to-production code would look like.

I would like to recite the following quote:
“Clean code is simple and direct. Clean code reads like well-written prose…”
– Grady Booch

All in all, nice work!
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Thanks to MichaelOverhorst for providing your solution. The solution is complicated for me to follow as I'm still learning but thanks all the same. The more versions we get uploaded, the more we can compare to see how much or little we really know about c#!!!

Thanks again
Matt